Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I’m Back!!

I’ve finally handed in my last assignment and I’m unofficially done with my Master's degree. Of course I need to get my results for my last two papers this semester but after that I’ll be graduating. Woo hoo!!!

This has dragged on for more than a year and a half and I’ve totally neglected my blogging pretty much throughout the whole period. Worse I’ve neglected all my blogging buddies during that time too! SORRY FOLKS - I'll make it up to you!!

Wow so much has happened since then! The worst news was the recent passing of Michael Jackson! I have grown up to his music and been a fan of his for a long long time and it was unbelievable when I heard the news that morning that there were unofficial reports of his passing. I quietly wished that it was just a rumor but within minutes, the news was confirmed.

We spent the whole weekend catching up on the news and tributes to the King of Pop. As I watched past performances it reminded me of just how remarkable he was. One funny thing was as we listened to the car radio on Saturday morning while on the way to breakfast, my little girl who is only four and listening to MJ’s music for the first time remarked that she liked the music. She doesn’t usually say things like that about any songs whenever we listen to music. Unfortunately I can’t remember which song it was because I was thinking that even in death MJ’s music is timeless and can still reaching out to win over a new little fan!! Amazing!!!

I remember when MJ performed in Malaysia for the first time, I without hesitation went for his concert (I am not the concert going type and this was my first and only paid music concert that I have ever attended). While I remember the show very well, what left a lasting impression was after the show as we were walking back to the car. There was only a few of us on the road as the majority of the fans were still at the stadium trying to catch a glimpse of MJ. As we crossed the road and were standing on the divider I look up and see Michael’s vehicle drive slowly by right in front of us and he is happily standing up and waving through the sun roof. I personally call the place Michael Jackson Road whenever I drive past. Just goes to show that although his performances were out of this world, he was really a down to earth person. Rest in Peace Mike!

Okay that’s it for now.

Peace!


PS I’m long overdue for a Blog makeover so stay tuned!!

22 comments:

Nessa said...

Welcome back Ed! :D

Adrian said...

Hi Nessa!! Thanks!! It's good to be back! Cheers!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Darn it! Nessa got the Chop! Congrats Nessa.

*stares at Nessa*

Welcome back Buddy, it's been too long since you've gone away from the blogsphere. Hope you're in for the long haul this time :D

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Oh and for a small fee of teh halia and some vaadai's at Sri Paandi, I can help you out with the blog makeover :D See, my fees are so cheap ... LOL!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

So, is the 4th of July do still on as planned?

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Ok, ok, I'll admit, I'm trying to spam your comment box seeing as how I missed the FC to Nessa.

*stares at Nessa again*

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Ok this is my last comment, I promise. Good to have you back buddy :D

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Did i say that was my last comment? LOL!

And you believed me ... hahaha!

Nessa said...

Woi, woi! Apa ni? Spamming!! LOL!

Ban him Ed, ban him!

Adrian said...

Yup Buddy! Nessa beat ya to it and after I left a comment at your place too!! tsk tsk tsk She's fast!

Yeah it's strange in a way! It's like starting over again...so much to learn again about the ways of the blog! LOL Yup I hope I can take this to the limit!! hehe

Adrian said...

Teh Halia and vaadai sounds good!! At Sri Paandi's...aiyoo haven't been there in ages!!

But I'll accept the proposal!! When can we start? I can't wait for my Blog makeover! :)

Adrian said...

I'll have to confirm with you on that July 4th do...might go down to PD or somewhere for a quick getaway!! But if I'm in town I be sure to let you guys know! :)

Adrian said...

Spamming my comment box is okay...for today LOL...need to practice replying...besides there is nothing else to do! hehehe

Adrian said...

Obviously it wasn't yer last comment...then again you hae been known to be a motor mouth! :)

Adrian said...

Me believe you...when pigs fly!! But then again we do have airborne swine flu....so I suppose pigs can fly!! LOL

Thanks for the comments bud! I know...you'll be back! :)

Adrian said...

Nessa!! How to ban the fella...he's my best buddy lah!! WIll think of something more devious to punish him with hehehe
Cheers!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi GK, you're back!! you know me too! i've been MIA for quite some time now, but of coz not as long as you la. haha! It's glad to see an update here!! woohoo!!

come, you've just been tagged in my special Friendship Chain Tag! Hv fun! :)

Adrian said...

Jean!! Nice to see you here!! I'm still trying to get back to blogging slowly!! My first task is to make sure I answer each comment!! hehe

You were missing too? Busy with your new house or something else (wink)??

Thanks for the tag....just like old times...doh!! LOL

Cheers!

Admin T.H said...

master degree :) wow.. how about PHD?

Admin T.H said...

my uncle unable complete his master as fail one paper. I mean assignment if that you call it, he was given 10 years to complete but failed the last one. Must be tough.

Adrian said...

Welcome TH!! PHD may be beyond me...I'm tired and just want to get back to my life and routines! :)

Adrian said...

TH!! It is tough but not impossible. Maybe he was busy and couldn't really concentrate. I have to receive my results for two of my final assignments and am hoping to pass too!!!

Cheers to you and your uncle too! :)