Monday, July 30, 2007
He has promised to find me a replacement but of course I am wary of any new person. Afterall, I know that his methods have worked. I really didn't want a change but now I have no choice. I was considering stopping using a trainer and still am. I don't like change! Fortuately, I still have three more sessions which will be taken over by the new chap. He was supposed to turn up today for a meet and greet but didn't and that immediately made me even more apprehensive. I am supposed to meet him on Wednesday for my first session and well I have nothing to lose st this point! So I'll give him a go!
What I fear most is not being able to gel with the new guy! I've worked real hard to get to this point! I've not exercised this much for ages in fact probably never execised this hard. I go to the gym because I have to not because I enjoy it! I don't want to break the momentum but I don't have an option! I'm really afraid that things might not work out and I'll somehow lose interest. Oh how I wish this had not happened but it has so I have to deal with it somehow and can only hope that the new guy is as good as Isaiah.
After my final session with Isaiah today we shook hands and parted company! I really felt sad! More so for myself and what my future at the gym holds! I am, like i said, happy for him and his promotion! I decided then that I'd write a post about it.
Later, after dinner when I was flipping through the newspapers (Star) and checked my horoscope (Cancer) and saw the prediction - I was dumbstruck. Can you imagine my surprise because this is what it said:
Something ends. This is an ending you were hoping to prevent but now it's up to you to see what you can salvage.
One can only wonder!
As usual this is something I got via e-mail and it's hilarious...
Disorder in the Court: These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters who had the torment of staying calm whilethese exchanges were actually taking place.
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all ?
ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
WITNESS: I forget.
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?
ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you thatmorning?
WITNESS: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan!
ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved invoodoo?
WITNESS: We both do.
WITNESS: We do.
ATTORNEY: You do?
WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.
ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in hissleep, he doesn't know about ituntil the next morning?
WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?__________________________________________________________
ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty-one-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: Uh, he's twenty-one.
ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
WITNESS: Are you shitt'in me?
ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
WITNESS: Uh.... I was gett'in laid!
ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Are you kidding? Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?
ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?
WITNESS: By death.
ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?
WITNESS: Now whose death do you suppose terminated it?
ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.
ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?
ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to adeposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.
ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed ondead people?
WITNESS: All my autopsies are performed on dead people. Would youlike to rephrase that?
ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the tablewondering why I was doing an autopsy on him!
ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
WITNESS: Huh....are you qualified to ask that question?
--- And the best for last: ---
ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
WITNESS: No.ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
W ITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive,nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Heres the part of the original post that JohnCow.com asked us to copy:
#Start copy here#
The idea is simple: You want readers and you want link backs too because that’s all us bloggers want, it’s more precious than milk for some :twisted:So how does it work?Simple! You just copy the list down below on your blog, hence creating link backs for your blogging friends and then click the RSS feed link to subscribe to all of them. Then you add yourself and up to 5 other bloggers and their feeds to the end of the list before you publish it on your own blog. Show your friends some link love :)Just imagine if just 10 people would do this and then 10 more after them. That would get your blog 100 extra link backs and 100 extra feed subscribers!Here is the list from A Nice Place in the Sun! If I added your site to list below, subscribe to the sites, copy them, add five sites of your choice to the list, post and spread the link joy! Happy linking! Thanks Ann for feeding my trough!
Here are my COWPOKES!
Subscribe to The Imaginary Diva
Subscribe to Janice
Subscribe to Mariuca
Subscribe to JohnCowdotCom
Subscribe to BobmeetsWorld
Subscribe to LifeisRisky
Subscribe to TheKingKongBlog
Subscribe to My New Hustle
Subscribe to GadgetTastic
Subscribe to Life of Browie
Subscribe to Disregard Me
Subscribe to Everybody Go To
Subscribe to Brian Vaughan
Subscribe to Fuery
Subscribe to Sam Breadstone
Subscribe to Christy’s Coffee Break
Subscribe to Behind The Page
Subscribe to Shine With Grace
Subscribe to A Great Pleasure
Subscribe to Slingshot Thoughts
Subscribe to TheNextPost
Subscribe to Writer’s Reviews
Subscribe to Ordinary Folk
Subscribe to Brown Thoughts
Subscribe to Me and My Drum
Subscribe to NoDirectOn (not: NoDirection)
Subscribe to Revellian
Subscribe to A Nice Place In The Sun
Subscribe to A Cowboy’s Wife
Subscribe to Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery
Subscribe to I thought, therefore i blog
Subscribe to Make Money Online
Subscribe to Cman’s Money Page
Subscribe to Million Dollar Portfolio
Subscribe to Unknown Namespace
Subscribe to Desty Online
Subscribe to Blogigs
Subscribe to Make$Money$
Subscribe to Slyvisions: Online Tips, Tricks,and Tools
Subscribe to BlogoZine
Subscribe to The Prize Blog
Subscribe to PolliWogsPond
Subscribe to My Journey to One Million Dollars
Subscribe to JulieAnneBonner
Subscribe to UglyMailbox
Subscribe to Vincent Chow dot Net
Subscribe to RevieWOW
Subscribe to TheInternetExperiment
Subscribe to Comedy Plus
Subscribe to Twisted Sister Totally Pissed Off
Subscribe to First Time Dad
Subscribe to Mad Goat Lady
Subscribe to Little Aussie Cynic
Subscribe to hintofpoetry
Subscribe to Carols Place For Peace
Subscribe to Momma Mia Mea Culpa
Subscribe to What Floats My Boat
Subscribe to Kellementology
Subscribe to Rocky Mountain Retreat
Subscribe to ……why paisley????
Subscribe to Thoughts-N-Wonders
Subscribe to Make Money Online The Quick and Easy Way
Subscribe to Kissing The Dogwood
Subscribe to bluejar.com
Subscribe to AdSense Tracker
Subscribe to Shaun Low
Subscribe to SiteFever.com
Subscribe to Bloggrrl
Subscribe to Arsenal Marketing
Subscribe to Family WebWatch
Subscribe to Blogging Tips
Subscribe to Pink Internet Marketing
Subscribe to Bush Mackel
Subscribe to TechCorner
Subscribe to Listikal
Subscribe to Jason’s Random Thoughts
Subscribe to Bleneral dot Com
Subscribe to Chatsquatch.net
Subscribe to Manila Mom
Subscribe to Personal Finance
Subscribe to 40Hourstogo
Subscribe to …And Miles To Go Before We Sleep…
Subscribe to Aaron Cook Dotcom
Subscribe to DisjointedIntelligence
Subscribe to Wannabewino
Subscribe to You Can’t Coach That
Subscribe to Untwisted Vortex
Subscribe to Woman: God’s Masterpiece
Subscribe to This is a Miracle
Subscribe to Seiche
Subscribe to Another Point of View
Subscribe to Emila’s Illustrated Blog
Subscribe to Anything Goes
Subscribe to Download Google Adsense e-Book FREE
Subscribe to All Is One, One Is All
Subscribe to My Journey Into Life
#End copy here#
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This is a good Stress Test for you to take. Stare for a few seconds at each of the following patterns. Are the patterns moving? Or are they perfectly still??
The patterns above are used to test the level of stress a person can handle. The slower the pictures move, the better your ability of handling stress. Alleged criminals that were tested see them spinning around madly. However, senior citizens and kids see them standing still.
None of these images are animated - they are perfectly still. How did you do with the test??
Friday, July 20, 2007
Well like I said she has been a little slow to talk although she understands perfectly well. And she does pick up words prety fast too. Of course she is still in her inquisitive stage and loves asking Why? What? and Where? repeatedly. What she loves to do is run and play! She can play all day! We have this snake from Ikea (you know the one) that she grabs one end of and then she'll give me the other end and ask me to pull in a little game of tug-a -war! When she tired of that she try spinning it and twisting it and jumping over it and walking on it! I never knew that silly snake had so many uses...we got it for her to hug and that is the only thing she doesn't do with it! LOL
Another thing she loves to to is to be tickled! She used to come up to me and say "Daddy tickle" and I'd be wondering what she wanted until she said "Daddy tickle me" and I gladly obliged! Then she'll say stop and when I do she'll ask to be tickled again. This'll go on for a while...ahhhh my own little tickle me Elmo! LOL
As I was saying earlier she is quick to pick up words...well every night before bed I say to her "Good night Sweetheart" and she'll say good night back until one fine night I hear her say "Good night Sweetheart" back! I almost fell off my chair! You just can't prepare for moments like that! LOL
Finally, the telephone! She usually doesn't like talking on the phone when we call her back! She'll only listen and run away after a while! However, she loves playing pretend with wifey's cellphone and slowly but surely she began to say Hello to no one in particular, sometimes her uncles or aunts or cousins, in her imaginary little way! So you can imagine my shock when one day she said "Hello Basil!" Who the hell was Basil! We don't know anyone named Basil! And she hasn't met anyone named Basil! It's such an uncommon name! So long and hard we thought about who it could be until it fianlly dawned on us! We had been watching a Jamie Oliver show the other day. You can guess where this is going, right? Yup, he was using basil in one of the dishes and our little one somehow remembered it and used it in her little "Hello Basil! We really had a good laugh about that one! I was ready to buy a shotgun...my little one ain't gonna have no boyfriends so soon! LOL
Well that's my little progress report! One day I hope my daughter will be reading this and having a good laugh at her antics just like I am now! Ciao!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
grab the program here [2.4MB].
You know you want to take the train ride so here it goes...
***Start Copying Here***
Here are the rules:
My New Faves
1) Food I hate : FISH!!! Can't stand the smell! But I love fishing and also eat certain processed fish products! Strange but true LOL
2) Fruit I hate : Do Fruit Cakes count? LOL Tough choice but I'll go with papaya for the after effects! LOL
3) Veggies I hate : Love all veggies but if I had to choose it'd be cucumber because it's so dull!
4) Celebrities/People that I hate : People who suck up and/or show off!!
5) Event/Situation/Incident that I hate : Being at work LOL Seriously though I hate being in a situation where you're helpless to do anything!
6) TV shows/movies that I hate : That's easy - The Bold and the Beautiful! And all soaps.
7) Music I hate : Rap sometimes
8) Household chores that I hate : Taking out the trash! (Think prawns shells over the weekend! Phew what a pong!)
9) Things that you hate around the world : War! Why can't we all just get along!
10) Things that you hate about yourself : Being Lazy! I'd love to laze around all day if I could! :)
So now you know 10 Things I Hate! How that is going to enrich your lives I certainly don't know! LOL Since I had to do this (and I kinda enjoyed it too) I'm going to forward this to five wonderful guy bloggers who have nothing better to do than to reveal their "10 Things I Hate" LOL
(If any of you done this before, you can choose not to redo. Just comment your post to me)
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WORDING AND SPELLING. IF YOU KNOW THE BIBLE EVEN A LITTLE, YOU'LL FIND THIS HILARIOUS! IT COMES FROM A CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEST. KIDS WERE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS. THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ABOUT THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN BY CHILDREN. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RETOUCHED OR CORRECTED. INCORRECT SPELLING HAS BEEN LEFT IN.
1. IN THE FIRST BOOK OF THE BIBLE, GUINESSIS. GOD GOT TIRED OF CREATING THE WORLD SO HE TOOK THE SABBATH OFF.
2. ADAM AND EVE WERE CREATED FROM AN APPLE TREE. NOAH'S WIFE WAS JOAN OF ARK. NOAH BUILT AND ARK AND THE ANIMALS CAME ON IN PEARS.
3. LOTS WIFE WAS A PILLAR OF SALT DURING THE DAY, BUT A BALL OF FIRE DURING THE NIGHT.
4. THE JEWS WERE A PROUD PEOPLE AND THROUGHOUT HISTORY THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH UNSYMPATHETIC GENITALS.
5. SAMPSON WAS A STRONGMAN WHO LET HIMSELF BE LED ASTRAY BY A JEZEBEL LIKE DELILAH.
6. SAMSON SLAYED THE PHILISTINES WITH THE AXE OF THE APOSTLES.
7. MOSES LED THE JEWS TO THE RED SEA WHERE THEY MADE UNLEAVENED BREAD WHICH IS BREAD WITHOUT ANY INGREDIENTS
8. THE EGYPTIANS WERE ALL DROWNED IN THE DESSERT. AFTERWARDS, MOSES WENT UP TO MOUNT CYANIDE TO GET THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.
9. THE FIRST COMMANDMENTS WAS WHEN EVE TOLD ADAM TO EAT THE APPLE.
10. THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT IS THOU SHALT NOT ADMIT ADULTERY.
11. MOSES DIED BEFORE HE EVER REACHED CANADA. THEN JOSHUA LED THE HEBREWS IN THE BATTLE OF GERITOL.
12. THE GREATEST MIRICLE IN THE BIBLE IS WHEN JOSHUA TOLD HIS SON TO STAND STILL AND HE OBEYED HIM.
13. DAVID WAS A HEBREW KING WHO WAS SKILLED AT PLAYING THE LIAR. HE FOUGHT THE FINKELSTEINS, A RACE OF PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN BIBLICAL TIMES.
14. SOLOMON, ONE OF DAVIDS SONS, HAD 300 WIVES AND 700 PORCUPINES.
15. WHEN MARY HEARD SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF JESUS, SHE SANG THE MAGNA CARTA.
16. WHEN THE THREE WISE GUYS FROM THE EAST SIDE ARRIVED THEY FOUND JESUS IN THE MANAGER.
17. JESUS WAS BORN BECAUSE MARY HAD AN IMMACULATE CONTRAPTION.
18. ST. JOHN THE BLACKSMITH DUMPED WATER ON HIS HEAD
19. JESUS ENUNCIATED THE GOLDEN RULE, WHICH SAYS TO DO UNTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONE TO YOU. HE ALSO EXPLAINED A MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY SWEAT ALONE.
20. IT WAS A MIRICLE WHEN JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND MANAGED TO GET THE TOMBSTONE OFF THE ENTRANCE.
21. THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED THE LORD WERE CALLED THE 12 DECIBELS.
22. THE EPISTELS WERE THE WIVES OF THE APOSTLES.
23. ONE OF THE OPPOSSUMS WAS ST. MATTHEW WHO WAS ALSO A TAXIMAN.
24. ST. PAUL CAVORTED TO CHRISTIANITY, HE PREACHED HOLY ACRIMONY WHICH IS ANOTHER NAME FOR MARRAIGE.
25. CHRISTIANS HAVE ONLY ONE SPOUSE. THIS IS CALLED MONOTONY.
Monday, July 16, 2007
1. Write a short paragraph at the beginning of your post and link back to the blog that put you on the list in the paragraph. This isn’t a suggestion. You need to break up the duplicate content. Someone took the time to add you so the least you can do is give them an extra link back.
2. Copy the list of originals below COMPLETELY and add it to your blog. If you would like a different keyword for your blog then change it when you do your post and it should pass to most blogs with that keyword.
3. Take the adds from the blog that added you and place them in the “Originals” list.
4. Add at least 1 new blog that you KNOW is using the DO FOLLOW plugin to the list in the “My Adds” section. (Add no more than 5!) Let the people you’ve added know, so that they can keep the list going!
I have randomly picked five great blogs (because everyone needs a little love and it's so tough to pick from all the nice blogs out there) to pass this on to. Here are my adds:
1) Ramdom Magus
2) Go! Smell the Flowers
3) About Every Little Thing
4) The Ranting Willow
5) A Nice Place In The Sun
Originals:Twist & Skewer The Hip Mommy's Place Mommyness Is Happiness Listening..Learning..Living First Time Dad This is a Miracle Mariuca Revellian d bImBo Secret of Mind A Great Pleasure Little world of thoughts Renisphere mott's island Kev's Walkabout iBubbs woof Down Memory Lanes Woof & Arf Lovely Mummy Bubba Stuff Mommibee Moments in My Life Rambling Moo All about Zara & Zaria Hip n cool momma Random Thoughts of a Blur Mommy Mylittleanelqianyi Bits & Pieces De’moments chinneeq Giddy Tiger Huei Rabbit Rinnah Simple America Niceheart Ethel Sanna The Queer Chef Shoshana Leahgina> Haze GheeNeng aka Sirena Angelo Ju aka The Border aka Juana of Femjo Tina Keep the Faith jsonvlog Suncoast Scribe Blogging Kenneth My 2 Centavos Worth Manila Mom 3 Dogs, 3 Pigs and A Family Cafe Romanza Earn Global Credit Ability Macuha Flee the Cube Smart Wealthy Rich MomReviews.net Fellow Eskimo Pajama Mommy Amanita.net WebStyle Meredith’s Weight Loss Blog Pink Blog Tricia’s Musings Ugh!!’s Greymatter Honeypot Midlife Musings Utterly Geek Whatever I Feel Like My Dandelion Patch Surviving NJ GeekySpeaky Simple Kind Of Life 3DayMom BuyMeBlog The Hockey Dad
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Well what came to my mind when a certain pizza joint advertised their so called "Monster Meatballs" pizza was a decent sized meatball because we all know that you can't trust advertisements! Right?!?!
Well last night I decided to try this Monster Meatballs pizza for dinner! So we called up the pizza place to have them deliver our Monster Meatball pizza along with a couple of other pizza's and patiently waited until they did. Putt Putt the mororbike delivery guy came along and we paid and happily took the pizza's from him.
As usual we put them on our dining table and opened the boxes and lo and behold I did not find a monster meatball on my pizza. All we saw were puny little meatballs on the pizza (about the size of a 20 centcoin or a quarter). Upon closer inspection I saw that the "monsters" were actually cut in half or three pieces. Then I looked at picture of the advertisement that they had merrily sent together with the pizza and they had whole meatballs on the pizza. To be fair the meatballs tasted good and my little one enjoyed eating them too. But I wanted an answer! I've been a loyal customer for many years and I just refused to take this lying down!
Now tell me if I overreacted but I picked up the phone and called the pizza place and gave them a piece of my mind (I have a few spare pieces just for time like these LOL). The first person passed me to his supervisor and my anger mounted. Then they passed me to the head of the call center and I really was mad by then because I hate being passed around! I gave him a real earful! At first he told me that they only sold the pizza with pieces of the meatball on them. I pointed out that well in the advertisement they put pictures of whole meatballs and I expected whole meatballs. I didn't even say that the meatballs in the picture were pretty big because that's advertising, so fine!
He told me that they put pieces because the whole meatballs rolled off! Now to me that was a lame unsatisfactory answer! You do not advertise something and give the customer something else. It is the principle of it! I don't mind if they gave smaller meatballs (which they did) and I wouldn't have minded if he'd said that the meatballs wouldn't cook properly. But to say that you're giving cut meatballs because they rolled off was downright wrong! I was really fuming because I felt like a victim of an advertising ploy!
The guy even told me that he too had spoken to his higher uppers about this very same thing and they said it would be okay and that most people wouldn't complain! We'll I was so mad about that but I only gave him a lecture about customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty, and maintaing their image, etc. etc. etc.! Hoping that the message would get across to the people in charge!
As you can see I had started to calm down by then and was ready hang up when he offered me a free pizza! I told him I don't want the same thing again, all I want was a Monster meatball pizza as advertised. He said that all the meatballs were cut up and that he was sorry! I said that it was not his fault because it really wasn't and said that it was okay and hung up!
Half an hour later I hear the familiar putt putt of the pizza delivery motorbike. They had sent me a free pizza with whole "Monster" Meatballs on it! We accepted it but didn't eat it!
What do you think? Did I over react? Judging from what the guy at the call center said the higher uppers were prepared to accept a few complaints. I think this is just dishonety on their part and hope they clean up their act and serve what is advertised nothing more and nothing less! Don't take customers for granted.
Me...I'm going to have my monster meatball pizza for lunch! LOL
Saturday, July 7, 2007
1) I woke up (coincidently at 7)! We sometimes take waking up for granted but with life so fragile in certain quarters of the world we need to sometimes think about how lucky we are to just be alive!
2) I felt the sun in my back and the wind in my face. Okay, I went to the gym (at 7.45) and it was hot outside and the sun was really shining on my back through the glass panels and the wind from the AC was in my face LOL. Okay going to the gym sounds lame except to me it was significant because yesterday evening I went too. So that was twice in slightly more than 12 hours. Moreover it was also 4 times in a row (Wed - Sat). That's a big achievement for me! LOL
3) Took the little one to Tumble Tots in 1 Utama (shopping mall) for the first time after talking about it for months. She was a little shy at first but soon got the hang of things. I enjoyed sitting there watching her and wifey climb, and balance, and tumble and slide all over the place. We all had fun. Want to do it again but not ready to commit time. Classes are weekly. We're in denial! Because once it starts, taking her for classes, that is, it won't stop! I want to send her for ballet and swimming and Tae Kwan Do and piano too. That's all! LOL
4) Looked for a birthday present for my godson Craig whose 8th birthday is on the 12th. Wanted to buy him a Transformers robot but they were all sold out at Toys R Us and Jusco. Jusco had a few that made noise but nothing that transformed. What's the use of buying a Transformers that doesn't transform! Anyway, I also saw an Optimus Prime helmet that talked and had a voice changer. I wanted to get it for myself...errr and my daughter (yeah sure). Yes, I can still be a kid sometimes! Had it under my arm and was ready to go but wifey said NO! sniff sniff...it was so cool! I'll get it somehow! LOL
5) Went for lunch at Chili's. We've been going there pretty regularly except for the past few months and we found out that they had taken out our favourite item off the menu. Steak and Portabello Fajitas! Yummy! Actually we found out a few weeks back but didn't realize it because we went to a different branch and thought that they had a different menu. So when we went to our usual joint and saw the new menus we were so disappointed! The Cajun Steak Fajitas just didn't taste the same! Need to find a new joint! (You guys from Chili's reading this better put it back on the menu or lose a valuable customer! LOL)
6) Went to Church!. Yeah I don't go often enough but sometimes when the moon is aligned with the sun and Venus and Jupiter I do go. Anyway, I ran into some friends whom I haven't seen in a while and they said that I had lost weight and looked good. HAHAHA It's was so nice to hear! LOL
7) I'm going to sleep early! Why? Because I'm so bloody tired! It's been a full day! Besides I'm planning on hitting the gym again tomorrow morning bright and early! LOL Problem is someone in the neighbourhood is getting married and they keep letting off fireworks. The big and loud kind! Hope they quit soon! :)
So that's my significant seven! Hope you all had a fine day too!
Friday, July 6, 2007
Congratulations to all the wonderful recipients! The check is in the mail but I wouldn't hold my breath! LOL Yikes look at the time...gotta run! Ciao!
Thursday, July 5, 2007
As it goes, schmoozing is the natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship. So how in the world I got this award I will never know LOL but I've thought of five great people who have made me welcome and schmoozed their way into my blog and life that I'd like to give this most prestigious Power of Schmooze Award!
Nick for being my best buddy for over twenty long painful years LOL He was the evil rat who introduced me to blogging and everyone knows once your blog you never can stop! LOL Buddy! You deserve this! I hope to see it on Anything Goes and make sure you pass it on or I'll have to come there and smack you! LOL
For the rest of the awardees I'd like to make it simple. Each one of you below have made blogging here a pleasure and made me want to go on, I sincerely would like to award the Power of Schmooze to you. I'm only sorry that I've only got "four more" awards to give! to the rest who I've missed out, you still are great friends and Schmoozers to me!
My heartiest congratulation to all 5 bloggers! Now it’s your turn to award 5 other bloggers with the Power of Schmooze Award! Cheers!
Sunday, July 1, 2007
Anyway I had told wifey that I wanted to go see the movie because I'm a big robot and Transformer fan. So when one of my best pals turned up today we mulled about it over lunch and finally decided to go! I felt guilty about leaving the little one at home on a weekend when our time is supposed to be solely hers (but wife reminded me that theaters can get very loud)! So when the little one had her nap after lunch we quickly rushed to the nearest cinema. We grabbed the tickets for the earliest movie and even had to sit at different sections because only the front rows were available and we didn't want to sit so close! While waiting for the movie to start we bought the little one a couple of story books to soothe my feelings of guilt!
Don't worry, I'm not going to talk about the plot and be a spoiler. What I want to say is, boy was it a great movie! Humor and action, that's all! What I used to watch on TV (and sometimes still do) came to life on the big screen in a big way! I was happy to hear the voice of the original Optimus Prime (what a name) that I felt like a kid again! You have to be a Transformers fan to know what I'm talking about! I wished the movie didn't end and want to watch it again! Can't wait for the sequel that will be sure to follow! Autobots Transform!
Anyway after the movie we rushed home to pick up the little one (glad we didn't take her cause it was loud) and took her to A&W for our dinner and her supper, again to soothe my guilty feelings LOL
I must add that being eager to write this post, I covered my pillow with my blanket and quietly snuck out of my bedroom on all fours commando style (thinking of a similar tale a good friend once told me) as my wife put the little one to sleep. I wanted to burst out laughing but was afraid I might wake the little one up as she was almost out when I did my crawl of shame! LOL
Now if I could only have transformed! toot toot teet teet tooot toot toot :)