Pages

Friday, July 20, 2007

Goodnight Sweetheart! Hello Basil! Eh...Who's Basil???


After much neglect I'm finally going to write a little about my daughter's progress. The little one has been ill this past week. Down with a viral flu...hmmm well can't say she's been down because she's still been her usual self i.e. running and jumping about! In fact on the first day it happened she really talked a lot too! Which is something she rarely does! We think it might have been the medication! LOL She kept talking about everything in between licking up the contents her little runny nose that we had failed to wipe off in time! All kids love doing that don't they! LOL

Well like I said she has been a little slow to talk although she understands perfectly well. And she does pick up words prety fast too. Of course she is still in her inquisitive stage and loves asking Why? What? and Where? repeatedly. What she loves to do is run and play! She can play all day! We have this snake from Ikea (you know the one) that she grabs one end of and then she'll give me the other end and ask me to pull in a little game of tug-a -war! When she tired of that she try spinning it and twisting it and jumping over it and walking on it! I never knew that silly snake had so many uses...we got it for her to hug and that is the only thing she doesn't do with it! LOL

Another thing she loves to to is to be tickled! She used to come up to me and say "Daddy tickle" and I'd be wondering what she wanted until she said "Daddy tickle me" and I gladly obliged! Then she'll say stop and when I do she'll ask to be tickled again. This'll go on for a while...ahhhh my own little tickle me Elmo! LOL

As I was saying earlier she is quick to pick up words...well every night before bed I say to her "Good night Sweetheart" and she'll say good night back until one fine night I hear her say "Good night Sweetheart" back! I almost fell off my chair! You just can't prepare for moments like that! LOL

Finally, the telephone! She usually doesn't like talking on the phone when we call her back! She'll only listen and run away after a while! However, she loves playing pretend with wifey's cellphone and slowly but surely she began to say Hello to no one in particular, sometimes her uncles or aunts or cousins, in her imaginary little way! So you can imagine my shock when one day she said "Hello Basil!" Who the hell was Basil! We don't know anyone named Basil! And she hasn't met anyone named Basil! It's such an uncommon name! So long and hard we thought about who it could be until it fianlly dawned on us! We had been watching a Jamie Oliver show the other day. You can guess where this is going, right? Yup, he was using basil in one of the dishes and our little one somehow remembered it and used it in her little "Hello Basil! We really had a good laugh about that one! I was ready to buy a shotgun...my little one ain't gonna have no boyfriends so soon! LOL

Well that's my little progress report! One day I hope my daughter will be reading this and having a good laugh at her antics just like I am now! Ciao!

22 comments:

Mariuca said...

What a lovely post! Having her as your very own tickle-me ELMO sounds totally adorable! HUGS for your cute baby girl! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, a lovely post..You got a cute baby girl... ^_^

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

You have a shotgun buddy? Thank god she didn't say 'Hello, Nick!' LOL!

But then you did promise her to me when she turns 18, right? ... Hahaha ...

My love and hugs to the little one.

Anonymous said...

Adrian you continue to exceed expectations! You reall can capture a moment! I didn't know whether to laugh or puke when you mentioned her licking her snot! I can picture my little sister doing that when she was a tot! What a fun age! The Basil thing is hilarious! Isn't it amazing the little things they pick up! My little sister would interrogate me on anything and everthing she saw or heard! The world is a BIG place to them at that age! Great job First Time Dad, your making it look like it's easy!

Adrian said...

Marzie! Yup! She is my own little "toy"! Another thing she loves to do is to run to me to give me a huge hug over and over again! It's a game to her in a way but I'm not complaining! LOL Nowadays, she runs to my favourite chair and sits there before I can! Then she'll laugh and say I'm sorry when I say "who's sitting in my chair! :) She really is adorable! :)

Adrian said...

Keeyit! Welcome! Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Hope to see you around more often! :)

Adrian said...

Nick! You pervert! :) I never promised her to you...you're the clown that said you want to date her when she's older! LOL So that shotgun I get will be for you! LOL

Adrian said...

Barrett! Yup kids do the most disgustingly funny things! :) I'm only glad she did it at home and not in public! LOL Yeah the basil thing is really funny because that is the only ingredient that has a proper sounding name. If she had gone hello potato or hello pepper or anything else it wouldn't have been so funny! But she picked Basil! LOL

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

love your post. I can feel the fatherly love here. :) your daugther looks so adorable, and hugable. can i hug her? *HUGZ*

Adrian said...

Jean! Of course you can! :) Thanks for the nice comments! Making me blush lah :)

Mariuca said...

Oh she's so pretty! Maybe ul need that shotgun earlier than u think! ;) Huge HUG for her again!

Adrian said...

Marzie! LOL I guess I've got a couple of extra hugz for her today! :)

Martin said...

my god she really is such a cutie. Congratulations, you must be very proud.

X4NR

Adrian said...

X4NR! Welcome! Yup! She is adorable! Thanks! :) Only wish I knew how to get her to eat! Right now she's in that phase where it's no to practically everything!

J@n!ce said...

Your little princess sure is progressing very well. So cute. *hug*

Adrian said...

Hi Janice! Yup! SHe's growing up righ before my very eyes! :)

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is way too cute for her own good. My kids are all almost grown up, so they are way past the cute stage. I still love them to death.

I miss when they were little like that. Cherish all the little things she does because they grow up so fast.

Adrian said...

Hi Jason! Yeah time will fly and soon she will be all grown up and won't even want to be seen with dear old dad! Bett make the best of it while I can LOL Thanks for dropping by bro! :)

Jeni said...

I just read this via the SEO meme and this post reminded me of one I did a week or two ago about my little granddaughter, Maya, titled "Doyay, Doyay." Same principle in that kids say things we don't understand and then, all of a sudden the light bulb in us turns on. What they said then is usually really comical. Your little girl is quite the little beauty too. Cherish her. These moments go by way too quickly.

Adrian said...

Jeni! Welcome! :) I must take a look at your post now! Yeah kids have their own language that we need to learn too! Lately she's started Nando Nnando...(like the chicken joint...but we've not taken here there before. We found it it meant No...in her own way...but she knows how to say no! I could go on and on! LOL

Thank you for the nice comments! :) And you're right these moments are just zipping by...sometimes I wonder I I should spend time blogging instead of with her...so oftentimes I doo it past her bedtime! :)

Cheers to you and your little Maya! :)

Genie King

Anonymous said...

Is this the way to the library?
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online hzh

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.