Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A walk down memory lane...


One of the uncle's taking a break...he walked all the way with us
At the old folks home with the man that got me started on leading the caroling 1983
The group I led back then...no costumes...just candles and kids...before I donned the Santa suit
At the same home 26 years later...with one of my carollers...he made me smile when he called me the original...Santa that is...Ho Ho Ho
The carollers at my home last night
In the spirit of Christmas this year I decided to let my little girl go caroling. Be managed to make it for one practice session only but that was okay. My daughter knew most of the songs. Being a Christmas fan...I listen to carols months ahead and have a wide collection of Christmas CDs...although there is one Johnny Mathis CD stuck...I mean literally in my cars CD player Ho Ho Ho

I must say that things have changed a lot since the last time I went caroling. back then we did everything old school...I mean we had no guitarist so it was bells and tamborines. I guess for those who continued witht the tradition may have wanted to try something new this year and maybe inject some life into the songs. For me and my good buddy whom I convinced to join us though we were was just happy the way things used to be.

The groups previous leader proudly allowed his teenage daughter to conduct and lead. She did have the energy and some know how to her credit but she wanted to make most songs NEW and bring her schoolgirl style to the carols....a cross between a high school musical wannabe and Hannah Montana meets Christmas. Anyway to cut along story short, I was a little disappointed with the whole business but I can't complain because I didn't step up now did I...not that I am the greatest singer but I know how to preserve traditions. Enuf said I guess but the rest of the carollers were a diverse group and families in the area usually joined in the caroling too.

Overall it was fun to visit homes like I used to 25 years ago with my merry bunch of carolers. I saw so many familiar faces and it brought back memories. On the second day of carolling we visited the person who had asked me to lead the carollers back then. He was in an old folks home as he was confined to a wheelchair and had difficulty speaking. I was really taken aback as I have not seen him in ages. Memories came flooding back as his wife and my mother used to be the best of friends. My mother is now gone and his wife had just undergone surgery and could not take care of herself too. I was really teary-eyed and choked with emotion...it was sad.

As we went to more houses we used to visit on our caroling rounds I saw that more and more people had passed on. Many people were still alive though and the young ones were all grown up with families of their own. It made going caroling a lot more special to me at least. For my daughter...she didn't sing much since she is such a quiet person among strangers and even after three hard days of singing it was not enough to bring a peep out of her. It was okay...she's only four and it was her first time besides I know she can sing...so next year I hope she'll be ready Ho ho ho

23 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Woohooo to Hannah Montana! Or was it Miley Cyrus? LOL!

Man, somebody really has to tell her she can't sing!

But overall, I had fun hanging out with you :D

Nick Phillips said...

I have to agree with you, during our time, the caroling was so much more different. I guess times change and traditions change. Either that or we're just fussy old folks ... LOL!

Nick Phillips said...

And thanks for getting them to sing God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen at your house though it could have done without the pap, pap, paps thrown in ... hahaha!

Nick Phillips said...

You mean that darn CD is still stuck in your CD player till today? LOL!

Nick Phillips said...

Picture number 3 - is that you and who I think it is in the background? ... hehehe ...

Mariuca said...

chop!

Mariuca said...

So are u as depressed about Liverpool as B? :)

Mariuca said...

I like HSM but HM..not so much! ;) Here's wishing u a Merry Christmas GK! Where to dis Christmas? :)

Adrian said...

Dude I think Mylie Cyrus is Hannah Montana LOL...yeah someone really should...but you have to give her an A for effort...just needs proper direction...hopefully in time she'll learn...

Oh it was fun hanging too...been too long eh? :)

Adrian said...

I think that we're probably a little older and a little wiser...now I understand what my Mum was trying to say to me :)

Adrian said...

No problems dude...sorry about the papapapa...I didn't hear it at my place though...oh well what can I say!! LOL

Adrian said...

Errr...yes dude...to take it out and fix it cost a couple of hundred bucks and to put in a new player the smae...heck I can live with Johnny Mathis... besides Ellie loves Sleigh Ride...ho ho ho

Adrian said...

yeah...it's the olny picture I had of the place...:)

Adrian said...

ha ha GP no need to chop here lah...only you and Nick competing ho ho ho! :)

Adrian said...

YES!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THEM??? LOST AGAIN TODAY!!! Arrrggghhhh what a season...no cups this year...cupboard will be full of moths only!! :(

Adrian said...

Yeah HSM 1 was fun...but II ws not so...haven't seen III...HM I haven't seen at all...or choose nto to LOL..

I'll be home for CHristmas...not planning on going anywhere just yet...how about you GP?? Going visiting?

Mariuca said...

Hi GK! Happy New Year to you and your family! May this one be less hectic and more relaxed for u..bye bye exams! :)

Adrian said...

HI! GP!! Just got back to work today! It's gonna be less hectic without school for sure! I'm so glad last year ended but I think this year might be a little of the same from the early signs...ho hum. :(

Cheers to you and B!!! :)

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,性愛

gg said...

潤滑液,內衣,性感內衣,
自慰器,自慰套,情趣內衣,
情趣娃娃,吊帶襪,煙火,
SM,充氣娃娃,AV,
衣蝶,丁字褲,無線跳蛋,
性感睡衣,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,
飛機杯,角色扮演,跳蛋,
G點,情趣,情趣用品

lin said...

性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,ut聊天室

Shopping Blog said...

Buying a piece of jewelry for him is thpmas sabo not as tricky as it might seem.thoughtfully-picked piece of jewelry. thomas sabo charms Here are five suggestions for when you are considering buying thomas sabo bracelets jewelry for him:A timepiece: Every man needs a reliable timepiece. thomas sabo charm carriers You have three different options to work with: thomas sabo watches A dress watch: Men with office thomas sabo charm pearl jobs need a watch that complements their suits.

Eshop said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Thank you
Louboutin Shoes 
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Pumps 
louboutin
Christian Louboutin Boots 
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Christian Louboutin Sandal
Pigalle Christian Louboutin 
fur boots
christian louboutin fur boots
louboutin pumps
louboutin fur boots
coyote fur boots
christian louboutin heels
silver strappy sandals
christian louboutin toundra
loubitan studded bow peep
Wedding Dress Shops
vintage wedding dresses 
wedding dresses
cheap mobile phone
Wedding Dress Shops
Wedding Dresses 2011
Wedding Dress Shops
Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses
bridal jackets
wedding jackets
bridal jackets
halter neck wedding dresses
off the shoulder wedding dresses
vintage wedding dresses
wedding dresses with sleeves
wedding jackets for the bride